To maintain and repair all fleet vehicles. The fleet consists of heavy duty, medium duty, and light duty trucks and trailers. This position works under general supervision of Fleet Maintenance Manager to complete assignments. Exercises some judgment and discretion in resolving issues or making repairs.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties including:
- Must be able to perform all necessary repairs on gasoline and diesel engines.
- Performs standard and Preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment
- Knowledge of computer diagnostic repair.
- Completes complex and detailed mechanical inspections & repairs with minimal supervision
- Must be knowledgeable in air brake system diagnostic and repairs.
- Replaces defective components as necessary
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Excellent written communication skills to complete all paperwork.
- Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Must be able to perform all aspects of the job safely and proficiently.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
*All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates or certificate from vocational technical school in auto or diesel technology preferred.
- 5 years of experience working with heavy-duty trucks and equipment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including overtime.
- Must pass a DOT physical, background check and pre-employment drug test.
- Valid Class A CDL required with clean driving record
- Tanker endorsement required
- Hazmat endorsement preferred or have the ability to obtain within the first 90 days of employment
- Class 7 inspection license preferred or have the ability to obtain within the first 90 days of employment