The Maintenance Technician will conduct machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance services throughout the manufacturing facility.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, conveyor systems, production and utility machines by following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and engineering specifications.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment as equipment is made available.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging, production and utility machines.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Remove defective/damaged parts using items such as hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools.
- Adjust functional parts of machines and control instruments by using items such as hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Prepare and set up machinery for scheduled production runs as required.
- Work with and support Engineering during new projects and process improvement activities.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish requisite tasks.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, issues and ongoing opportunities.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical, post high school training/schooling
- Proficient in reading and understanding mechanical drawings and schematics
- 7+ years of related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Food manufacturing experience preferred, but not required
Pay and Benefits
- $19.08 to $21.90 based on experience
- Overtime availability
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision
- Matched 401k
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life and disability coverage
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacations